County Cricket Club
McBride Sports were retained by an English First-Class County Cricket Club who had recently embarked on a governance change within the organisation. Our client required an external search partner to provide independent & transparent search support, with a clear methodology that would allow the club to appointment the new Chair at what was an important time for the club, its business and the wider national game.
Our solution & services:
Neil Edwards and Nigel Brewster co-designed a recruitment campaign with a suite of additional services in order to provide clarity and transparency to the process. In doing so, McBride Sports provided additional reach beyond the clubs scope, where we were able to increase the depth & diversity of candidates making formal applications for the role. This included:
- Pre Search support – worked with the clubs current board to establish process timescales
- Design and delivery of campaign collateral
- Providing Project Management services to ensure critical Governance timescales / milestones were achieved
- Initial research & insight services
- Non-Executive search activity
- Approaching ‘in scope’ individuals
- Assistance with the stewarding potential candidates ahead of their application
- Full process and interview support
Successful appointment of the new Chair in line with the original desired timescales. The process attracted a number of high calibre candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds - as a result the club has built a talent pipeline, which they will utilise when hiring for additional NED positions in the months ahead.