National Governing Body
Our client is a Sports National Governing Body who required external recruitment support as they looked to hire a new CEO. After a period of substantial organisational change, this was a critical hire as they looked to deliver a new 10-year operational plan. McBride Sports were asked to provide additional search capability across the international sports industry. We concluded the assignment by delivering a tailored interview process – working alongside the board - to identify the best candidate.
Our solution & services:
Neil Edwards worked directly the Chair & Board to design a bespoke Search & Selection process that would identify the best candidates from an international talent pool. McBride Sports utilised several talent attraction strategies to successfully broaden the reach, depth & diversity of candidates we engaged with. This included:
- Initial campaign consultation – working with the Chair to clearly define the role brief & candidate profile.
- Research & market insight services
- Design & implementation of a targeted advertised campaign
- Identification of potential candidates who would challenge the brief through a set transferable skills and wider industry experience
- Executive search activity
- Direct approaches to ‘in scope’ individuals
- Stewarding potential candidates ahead of their application
- Interview design & process management
- Candidate onboarding and ongoing support
Delivery of a diverse & high calibre shortlist of candidates that hit the brief. A streamlined and engaging interview process which resulted in the successful appointment of the new Chief Executive in line with the original desired timescales.