County Cricket Club
Our client required external support as they looked to hire 2 Non-Executive Directors to join their board. As a professional County Cricket Club, they were looking to identify individuals to support their executive team in 2 specific areas – Commercial Development & Professional Cricket & Talent Pathways. McBride Sports offered a clear search methodology that would allow the club to appoint 2 candidates with the appropriate skill set and experience to add immediate value to the clubs commercial, professional cricket & talent development operations.
Our solution & services:
Neil Edwards designed a recruitment campaign combining his knowledge of executive search in the sports industry & his network as a former professional sportsman. In doing so, McBride Sports provided additional reach beyond the clubs scope at the same time as confidentially approaching individuals from within the sport. We were able to increase the depth & diversity of candidates making formal applications for the role. This included:
- Designed and delivered of a bespoke search campaign - targeting 2 different NED skillsets simultaneously
- Project Management of the process - establishing a project timeline
- Research & insight services
- Non-Executive search activity
- Approaching ‘in scope’ individuals
- Utilised professional sports background to target high performance professionals
- Assistance with the stewarding potential candidates ahead of their application
- Full process and interview support
The process attracted a number of high calibre candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds which resulted in 2 successful appointments. The club appointed an NED focused on commercial growth & another NED to support the Professional Cricket & Talent Pathway development.